Monday, September 3, 2007

Well, Here Goes...

Greetings to all who might stumble upon this humble excuse for a blog. I hope, in the months to come, to use it to document my return to the world of disposable income.
In recent years, the realities of mortgage payments, 4 children, college tuition, etc., have resulted in very few opportunities to indulge in the pleasures of hand made cigars, imported beer and single malt scotch. This will soon be remedied.
Within 3 months, I intend to construct a suitable humidor (gotta track down some Spanish cedar) I am open to suggestions on a suitable humidifier and hygrometer.
Within 6 months, I hope to have made a good start on stocking said humidor.
Within 1 year, I fully intend to violate the Cuban Trade Embargo;) (Canada`s not too far up the road)
In the meantime, I continue to stock my mind.
I`m grateful that beer and scotch don`t require as much fuss as cigars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the new blog! I'm happy to be the first to leave a comment!

If you decide to go down the road of buying one instead of making your own, feel free check out my thoughts on humidors.

And don't forget to stop by and check out The Stogie Review (I'm a contributor there! :) ). They're "Your Questions, My Answers" segment is excellent!

And you'd be welcome to join up at the CigarLive forum if you haven't already! There's a wealth of information there, and they're a great group of guys to boot!

Fidel said...

Thanks! I`ll be sure to check it all out.